Looking for a delicious and easy Chinese lemon chicken recipe? This sticky lemon chicken is so good, you’ll want to make it every night for dinner.
Made with a sweet and spicy lemon sauce, this dish is packed with flavor and is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. With tender chicken coated in a sticky sauce, it’s the perfect combination of tangy and savory. Plus, the addition of fresh lemon zest adds an extra punch of citrus flavor.
Follow this recipe for a mouthwatering meal that will quickly become a family favorite.
When it comes to Chinese lemon chicken, there are endless possibilities for delicious variations. Whether you’re looking for a classic recipe or want to explore some healthier alternatives, we’ve got you covered. Here are three mouthwatering variations to try:
Classic Chinese Lemon Chicken Recipe
If you’re craving the authentic flavors of Chinese cuisine, this classic lemon chicken recipe is a must-try. Made with tender chunks of chicken, a tangy and sweet lemon sauce, and served over steamed rice, it’s a crowd-pleaser that will transport you to the streets of Beijing. Here’s how you can make it:
- Chicken breasts
- Chicken broth
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Step 1: In a pan, heat the olive oil and butter.
- Step 2: Add the chicken breasts and cook until golden brown.
- Step 3: In a separate bowl, mix together the chicken broth, lemon juice, and sugar.
- Step 4: Pour the sauce over the chicken and simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Step 5: Serve the lemon chicken over steamed rice and enjoy!
Gluten-free Chinese Lemon Chicken Recipe
If you’re following a gluten-free diet, you don’t have to miss out on the deliciousness of Chinese lemon chicken. This gluten-free variation replaces the traditional flour coating with a gluten-free alternative, without compromising on taste or texture. Here’s how to make it:
- Boneless chicken thighs
- Soy sauce
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Lemon juice
- Step 1: Marinate the chicken thighs in soy sauce for a few hours.
- Step 2: In a separate bowl, mix together the toasted sesame seeds, butter, and lemon juice to create the sauce.
- Step 3: Coat each chicken thigh with the sauce and bake in the oven until fully cooked.
- Step 4: Serve the gluten-free lemon chicken with your favorite side dishes and enjoy!
Healthier Alternative: Baked Lemon Chicken
If you’re looking for a healthier spin on the classic Chinese lemon chicken, this baked version is perfect for you. By skipping the deep-frying process and opting for baking, you can enjoy a lighter, yet equally delicious, dish. Here’s how you can make it:
- Chicken breast
- Sesame oil
- Lemon juice
- Step 1: Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Step 2: In a bowl, mix together the honey, sesame oil, and lemon juice.
- Step 3: Place the chicken breast in a baking dish and pour the sauce over it.
- Step 4: Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Step 5: Serve the baked lemon chicken with a fresh salad or roasted vegetables.
With these recipe variations, you can enjoy the deliciousness of Chinese lemon chicken in a way that suits your taste preferences and dietary needs. Whether you prefer the classic recipe, a gluten-free option, or a healthier twist, each variation promises to delight your taste buds. So why not try them all and find your favorite?
Indulge in the delightful flavors of this Sticky Chinese Lemon Chicken recipe that will leave you craving it every night for dinner. With step-by-step instructions, you’ll be able to easily recreate this delicious dish in your own kitchen. Say goodbye to takeout and hello to homemade perfection!
Marinating The Chicken
- Start by marinating the chicken to infuse it with flavor.
- In a bowl, combine the chicken with soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. This step will allow the flavors to meld together.
Making The Lemon Sauce
- In a small saucepan, combine freshly squeezed lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, sugar, soy sauce, ginger, red chili flakes, and fresh lemon zest.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Let it simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and set it aside.
Frying The Chicken
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep frying pan or pot over medium-high heat.
- While the oil is heating, prepare a plate lined with paper towels to drain the fried chicken.
- Carefully place the marinated chicken pieces into the hot oil, making sure not to overcrowd the pan.
- Fry the chicken for about 6-8 minutes, or until it turns golden brown and crispy.
- Using a slotted spoon or tongs, transfer the fried chicken to the prepared plate to drain excess oil.
Assembling The Dish
- Place the fried chicken in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the prepared lemon sauce over the chicken.
- Gently toss the chicken until it is well coated in the sauce.
Serving And Taste Test
- Transfer the sticky Chinese lemon chicken to a serving platter.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and sesame seeds for added flavor and visual appeal.
- Invite your family and friends to dig in and enjoy this delicious meal.
- Take a moment to savor the wonderful combination of sweet, tangy, and spicy flavors in each and every bite.
Frequently Asked Questions On This Sticky Chinese Lemon Chicken Recipe Is So Good You Will Want To Make It Every Night For Dinner
What Is Chinese Lemon Chicken Sauce Made Of?
Chinese lemon chicken sauce is made of freshly squeezed lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, sugar, soy sauce, ginger, red chili flakes, and fresh lemon zest. It is a sweet and spicy sauce that adds a burst of flavor to the dish.
What Is Sticky Chicken Made Of?
Sticky chicken is made with chicken (breasts or thighs), lemon juice, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and sesame seeds.
What Does Adding Lemon Juice To Chicken Do?
Adding lemon juice to chicken helps to balance the flavor and tenderize the meat. The acidity of the lemon juice cuts through the richness of the chicken, making it taste more flavorful and juicy. It also helps to break down the proteins in the chicken, resulting in a more tender and succulent dish.
What Is The Chicken On A Stick On A Chinese Buffet Called?
The chicken on a stick on a Chinese buffet is commonly known as “teriyaki chicken on stick. ” It is a popular and delicious Asian food that you can find at food stalls or Chinese restaurants.
This sticky Chinese lemon chicken recipe is a crowd-pleasing dish that will have you craving it for dinner every night. The combination of sweet and spicy flavors, along with the tanginess of the lemon, creates a dish that is bursting with flavor.
Whether you’re a fan of Chinese cuisine or just looking to try something new, this recipe is sure to impress. So gather your ingredients and get ready to enjoy a delicious homemade meal that will leave your taste buds singing.